Bash script to make random maps.




I decided to work on my bash script, to make the random maps a bit more random than my prior attempts. I seem to be getting closer the the algorithm im looking for. I've made everything random, not only position but, rotation, zsize, color, and type of object. Im hoping if I every get it right that I will apply it to mesh.



Many people ask why use bash, well for one reason I feel right at home using bash. Also bash is native to Linux which is what powers most bzfs servers.

I have a script generated map, that is regenerated every 12 hours up at bzbattleground.com:4505 Take a look and let me know what you think.

--ahs3

Comments

Unknown said…
Great Tutorial. I'm a little confused on some things, but maybe they will be discussed in later tutorials
--The Great Master